I Chopped off all my Hair!! - Life lately

Hello everybody, welcome back to my blog. I hope that wherever you are in the world you have been having a great week. Mine has been a little stressful, since I made a rather spontaneous decision to cut my hair to my collarbones (My hair was almost down to my waist before I got the chop!).

I have to admit, I was super nervous walking in to the hairdresser, and even more nervous when she got out her scissors. The only other time I've cut my hair short was when I was 10, I cut it to my shoulders and HATED it with a passion. I so desperately wanted my hair to be long again, and it didn't help that all my friends at school had lovely, long, flowing hair. 
I think the reason I hated it was because I didn't find it girly enough. I was and still am a very girly person, and I felt like my hair didn't portray the right 'image'.
Before /// After

However this time around, almost exactly 5 years later, I've really love it. I don't find it says anything bad about me, it looks healthy, and its a lot easier to maintain, i also love how bouncy it is now, I feel like that shows my bubbly, and energetic character.
I'm not going to lie though, I have had a few mini freak outs throughout the week as I realize what I've done, I almost died when I found out I couldn't do a bun, but I'm going to make the most of short hair, and embrace it before I grow it out again.

In other news, we went stationary shopping today, and it was not a happy reminder that school starts in a week. I can't believe how quickly these holidays have gone, it feels like the last day of school was just yesterday! It will be nice to see all my school friends again, but I am so not ready for all the exams and projects that are sure to come my way this year. I've never been all that good at getting organized and doing homework, and there'll be so much more pressure this year, I don't know how I'm going to handle it. I'm sure there will be plenty of posts about that for you in the next couple of months.
My younger siblings go back to school two days before me, so It'll just be me, Mum, and my older sister who is going to uni this year. It'll be nice to have a catch up with them, because although we live in the same house, I hardly get to have a proper chat with them in between entertaining my crazy siblings and entertaining myself via social media, you know what I mean? I'm hoping for a couple of coffee dates just to talk.

What was meant to be a wee recap of the past week turned into a massive essay, but I hope you enjoyed this post, see you next time.


Amesmames xx

No comments

Post a Comment

A Weekend in Wellington

When my best friend, Ellie, moved to Wellington for uni at the beginning of the year she made me promise to come at visit her at least once ...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig